We use the following questions to screen our patients to ensure they are asymptomatic and have not been in close contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19.
Please self-screen yourself 2 days in advance of your dental appointment and then again, the morning of your appointment.
Do you currently have or have you had the following in the last 2 weeks?
- Any cold, flu or Covid symptoms
- Fever or chills. Temperature or fever>100.4’F
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat
- Recent onset night sweats
- Nausea or vomiting
- Been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 7 days?
- Traveled out of the country in the last 7 days?
If you answer yes, to any of the above, then please call us to discuss the possibility of having to reschedule your appointment.
At your next visit, we are asking you to either
1- Show us proof of vaccination
2- Provide us with a negative Covid test from within the past 24 hours.
Masks are still required in healthcare settings.
We thank you for your cooperation and support to provide a safe environment for our patients and dental team during this time.
We look forward to seeing you and ask you to follow the following procedures.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask when you enter the office. Please only remove the mask when you are in a treatment room and asked to do so by a team member.
- Patients will rinse with a pre-procedural rinse, that has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 5 days after your appointment, please call and let us know within 1 day of testing positive.