We offer the following first visit in our office.
- Emergency/Problem focused visit or TMJ issue. You have a chipped tooth, toothache, abscess, discomfort in gums, painful popping or clicking in your jaw joint, discomfort in jaw and/or jaw muscles, etc. We will address your primary concern and recommend necessary treatment to relieve your symptoms. This appointment is usually 30 minutes long.
- Healthy patient visit. Your initial comprehensive examination will include photographs, a complete set of x-rays, a sonar recording(JVA) of your TMJ, a TMJ screening and muscle examination, a thorough examination of you mouth and it’s related structures and tissues.. We will then take you on a tour of your mouth that includes how your teeth look, the way they function, the condition of your teeth and the health of your gums and bone. Together we will provide you with our recommendations for your dental health and care. This appointment is usually 90 minutes long and may include a dental cleaning.
- Esthetic consultation, comprehensive treatment needs, Second opinions. You’re interested in more complex treatment, including a smile makeover, veneers, multiple implants, Invisalign, restoring a worn bite or a second opinion on treatment. These visits can include photographs, x-rays, examination, models of your teeth and other necessary records. We may make treatment recommendations at this visit, but often your treatment will require more complex analysis and a second visit to go over treatment recommendations. This appointment usually is 60 minutes.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- X-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable. Last 5 years of x-rays.
- Periodontal charting for last 5 years.
- If you have an implant, Implant brand, size and when placed.
- If you have a dental plan, bring your dental plan card. If you do not have a card, we will need your dental plan company name and phone number, group name and group number and your dental ID number. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office, via email [email protected] . If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.