Michael J. Perona, D.D.S. comprehensive Dentist
Dear Friends, May 17,2020
We will be opening partially on May 26 and increasingly over the following weeks.
Dental care is vital to stay healthy and prevent minor issues from progressing into painful, complex and expensive conditions. Please rest assured that our office is likely one of the most thoroughly cleaned and disinfected environments you can possibly be in.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office follows the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the City and County of San Francisco mandates. We have also invested in surgically clean air purifiers, that use special HEPA filters and UV light to kill and inactivate all airborne pathogens. In addition, we will alternate use of treatment rooms to allow for sufficient disinfection and fogging with EPA registered disinfectants. You will also notice that we are wearing more personal protective equipment than before. We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective to keep patients and staff safe.
You may see some new processes when it is time for your next appointment. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule you appointment for at least two weeks later.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask when you enter the office. Please only remove the mask when you are in a treatment room and asked to do so by a team member. Due to the world-wide short supply of masks, we are unable to supply them for patients.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer we will have available as soon as you enter the office.
- Please be seated in either chair adjacent to the front doors.
- You will be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office.
- Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
- A team member will take your temperature. If you have a temperature over 100.4F you will be asked to return after the specified 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books and other items that are difficult to clean.
- Patients will rinse with a pre-procedural rinse, that has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- Maintain the 6 foot physical distancing guidelines when in the office.
- The tooth brushing room will be closed, except for hand washing.
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call and let us know.
- Our team, will have their temperatures taken daily upon arrival at the office, as well as after lunch. Any team member at 100.4F or above will go home. We also will answer the same health questionnaire that you will be asked. If any questions disqualify them, the will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking you to follow.
We ask for you patience in scheduling. We had to cancel 10 weeks of appointments and we know you are eager to resume treatment. Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We are rescheduling patients based on urgency of the need, and on a “first canceled- first rescheduled” basis. Emergencies will continue to be seen as needed.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at 415-546-7990. Please follow us on Facebook for up to date information.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office. Thank you for being our patient.
Dr. Perona and Team
We invite you to browse our site and learn about how we can give you that beautiful, healthy smile that you have always wanted. We are happy to sit with you and guide you through your options in order to develop a plan that is just right for you.
Michael J Perona, DDS, practices a full scope of general and cosmetic dentistry with expertise ranging from porcelain veneers, Invisalign Cerec- Single visit crowns teeth whitening, dental implants, crowns and bridges. Dr. Perona can now correct a wide variety of so-called permanent cosmetic dental problems, and can literally redesign your smile.
cosmetic/ restorative/ Preventive care
Cosmetic, Restorative and Preventive care can give you a smile you’re happy to show off. Modern cosmetic dentistry techniques make it easier than ever for you to have a bright, even smile.
Dr. Perona can give you the smile you want using:
We also offer treatment for
- Cavities, failing and broken fillings, broken teeth, chipped teeth
- Emergencies, tooth aches
- Bite collapse, smile collapse, orthodontic relapse
- TMJ, clenching and grinding, popping and clicking in your jaw joint
- Sleep Apnea, Snoring and Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Non-surgical gum treatments for periodontal disease
- Cold laser therapy for TMD, cold sores and mouth sores
Accepting new patients. Call today to schedule your appointment.
Our office is located at 188 Spear Street, Suite 105 Courtyard entrance on Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Call us at Michael J. Perona, D.D.S. Phone Number 415-546-7990.